We are currently accepting applications for a Junior Design position. This is a full-time, hourly position in our office (telecommuters need not apply). If you don’t currently live in Seattle, you must be willing to relocate.
• Thorough InDesign and Photoshop knowledge required. Any other programs are a plus.
• Strong layout and typography sensibilities.
• Detail oriented — both in your work and in your ability to track change requests and stay on top of deadlines.
• Work well independently as well as with the various personalities of editors, artists, and authors, taking in and utilizing feedback.
• Ability to design interesting, unique solutions that respect and adhere to the vision of the artists we package.
The primary role as a Junior Designer will be doing book production, meaning you will be laying out templated books and occasionally creating original designs. You will also design ads (print and web), postcards, posters, etc. You will need to be a nimble designer, capable of solutions on a quick turnaround and able to maintain a steady workload. You will be responsible for sending press ready files to printers, so pre-press skills are a plus.
The right candidate could be anyone who is technically sound and enjoys production work. Knowledge of comics is helpful but it needn’t be an obsession.
Interested parties email resumé and samples (or links to same) to firstname.lastname@example.org